FAVORITE QUOTES:

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECASUE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND."

Monday, April 07, 2008

Life Changing...

I was ready to leave for my friends house on Sat. morning when I got a call from her. Heather was calling to tell me that Benny, a High School friend of ours passed away. News like this certainly puts the problems and issues you have in perspective.
My friend Jen was married to Benny, Chris and I attended their wedding when I was preg. with Tatum. Last Saturday I was unable to attend her baby shower but sent a gift with my Mom. Jen and Benny's first baby is due on my birthday, I am so sad for her and her family. I have no idea what she must be going through. I know that my friend Jen is a very strong woman but no one should ever have to go through something like this and at 8m preg I have no clue how she is holding it together, Most definitely a life suck big time moment.
This is my 5 funeral since I became preg with Tatum and only Nana was an older person. I have attended more funerals in the last 2.5 yrs then some in a lifetime.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Its a very confronting feeling when someone dies unexpectedly - it reminds us of lifes fragility.
I have only been to one funeral, and that was of an old high school friend. I am sorry that you have had so much tragedy around you in such a short amount of time, and i hope it is the last for a very long time.
xxoo

Noel said...

My thoughts are with you and Jen. It really is one of those moments when life just "sucks" and there is no other way to explain it.

Noel

Heather said...

oh man, that is horrible. Sorry about your friend Lisa. My thoughts are with Jen. I hope she is okay. much love, Heather