FAVORITE QUOTES:

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECASUE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND."

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Here's the kicker

The job sounds like a pretty cool opportunity for Chris, a bit less money but close to home so he would make up for it in gas and car wear and tear....Literally 5 secs from home he could bike it if he wanted and I'll bet he does... It would also be good for me because I could drive the little car as opposed to my truck everyday.
Got to love saving money on gas, I just hate giving my hard earned money to some gas company CEO's retirement and over paid salary when all they are doing is ripping the consumer off anyway....but that is and entire other issue...

The one problem with Chris' potential new job is they offer NO health insurance. Under normal circumstances that would be fine I'd cover the insurance and I will if he decides to take this job...
I just have to pray I do not lose mine, then we would really be screwed...
Even without my job we do not qualify for benefits from the state...I guess I have to trust God, the same way I trusted I would have a healthy child.....peeshh sometimes that is easier said then done...

4 comments:

Noel said...

Man, I can understand the trouble with the decision! Here's a question does John's Hopkins have a finiancial assistance program? Abi is covered by Chris' insurance but it is not great coverage, we don't qualify for state anything but the Children's hospital has a plan that we do qualify for that covers some of what Chris' insurance doesn't cover. Would still mean you have to get insurance from your work but maybe that would help with the cost of a job change...Anyway, just thinking out loud!

Good luck with the decision,
Noel

Julie said...

Lisa,

Do you get medicaid for Tatum? They approached us at the hospital while were waiting for Noah to come out of surgery. He automatically qualifies because of his heart and his syndrome. Just wanted to make sure. It is nice, especially for co-pays and prescritions. Our insurance is $20.00 co-pay believe it adds up fast. I'll say a prayer, I know you guys will make the right decision.

Nicole said...

I will say a prayer for you guys as well. I wish we could see into the future whether or not a decision is right. Just go with the gut.

I totally could feel your pain in the last post. Ella talks non-stop from the moment she wakes up until her head hits the pillow. Emerson is also going through a fussy period and I know is starting to get frustrated and have mini-temper tantrums because she can't communicate. YIKES!! Wine sounds really good right now.

Kerry said...

I think it's great news for the job - but where do the owners get their health insurance? When Tom switched jobs years back I had him tell them insurance started Day 1, not 30 or 90 days. IF you need to get your own policy you need to make sure he gets paid more $$ to cover.

Also, in Mass. there's an insurance for kids like ours called Common Insurance that you can apply for, no matter what your income level is. They cover everything your regular insurance doesn't. You have to LOOK for these things, they don't offer it up! Check the hospital's social worker - they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Call me this weekend - I want more details on this job!