FAVORITE QUOTES:

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECASUE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND."

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My New Plan

So the search is on. I have a huge plan in my head now if only I could get it to work I would really be excited. In order for my plan to work Emma has to be selected in a lottery to attend a pre-k class at the Elementary School for a ½ day 5 days a week. This is the kindergarten class for special needs children; they open it to 4yr old's as pre-k. I think this would be a fantastic place for Emma, hopefully it well help her understand Tatum better. It would also make me feel better if Emma was in some type of learning environment her final yr before Kindergarten. This free program would be just to perfect, I think I am due for a stroke of good luck ya know…

I have contacted the principal at the Elementary School on the other side of our neighborhood. Unfortunately this is not the school that Emma is supposed to go to but do you really think something like location is going to stop me…Come on you all know me better then that by now. We all also know that I really do not like to take no for a answer, I guess that is why Chris always wonders why I even bother to ask him things…LOL
If I do not hear from the principal today I’ll call again tomorrow. I also have the name of the Kindergarten teacher so I may give her a call, every little bit counts right?

I am open to any suggestions helpful hints whatever info or pointers you all have that you think may help…keep your fingers crossed for us. School for Emma and a Nanny, I must say I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep calling Lisa. I'm in the same boat (with the schools and all). It's all about advocating for our children. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Love
Erica

Kerry said...

Good luck good luck good luck! Will they let Emma in if she doesn't have special needs?

If anyone deserves good luck it certainly is you!

Nancy said...

Good luck! I hope it all works out wonderfully for you.

Thanks for being such an awesome friend.

Nicole said...

I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you. You definitely need some relief from going a million miles an hour!

Lynn said...

Very cool program that mixes kids w/ and w/o special needs. My neighbor is looking at it for her kids too. I'm hoping all the pieces fall into place for you guys.

Amy said...

Try to not piss them off and get fired by the principal. Haha, just kidding!

Michelle said...

My oldest son went to an integrated pre-K where half of the class were children with special needs and the other half were typical children. We loved it and so did he. Noah never really ever knew that the other children were "different" than him, they were just his friends. Most of the kids with special needs had autism, and they really seemed to thrive in school, it was great to see.

I hope that she gets in, our schools have a pre-K program as well that is becoming a lottery system this year, it will be interesting to see how this thing works. Good Luck!!