FAVORITE QUOTES:

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECASUE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND."

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Change, it is good.

I went to get the girls today and Miss D was playing with Tatum. This was the first time that I actually saw her taking care of Tatum, she is usually with the big kids. It made me tear up to think about leaving daycare, we are comfortable there, it's all we know. Miss D said she is really going to miss Emma,and I know Emma is going to miss her. Emma was at Miss D's house for about a yr before all the kids there went to the center. I know it is time for us to move on but I love the people there. Until tonight I have been really wondering if a Nanny is the right decision, sad or not it is happening and it is best for everyone.

As I was driving home in the blizzard,well just light snow but the traffic was screaming blizzard, it took 2 hour's start to finish and Tatum screamed off and on for the last 15. She was great as long as Emma was playing with her, unfortunately for me Tatum could not hold a candle to Chicken Little. ...How did our parents do it without DVD players in cars... Anyway...

This drive lead up to life with no daycare... For instance I would have been home by 6:30 at the latest even in the snow...Not that it takes long to pick the kids up but I always seem to spend time chatting, imagine that.

It is going to be so nice to not have to rush to be there by 6 for pick up, if i get tied up at work its OK...
The biggest/best change is going to be the morning, no more making bottles while trying to keep kids happy... bundling up for the 17 degree mornings...and best of all no more kid music, movies or voices on my way to work...I am just going to love them more when I get home because I got alone time on my drive home to wind down after work.

OK I am convinced is it Monday yet????

5 comments:

charmcitymama said...

That hat pic is TOO FREAKING ADORABLE!

Nancy said...

How cute!

You ARE doing the right thing. You will have more time to do other things with them now. Let the creativity begin!

Anonymous said...

And the best thing of all, perhaps you can enjoy a smoke on the way home from work!!!
xoxo
Amy

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, I am Amy K's cousin and found your blog through hers...

From what I've read, you are doing the right thing moving your girls, but I have to say I'm sad...I just realized recently that your girls and mine all attend the same daycare! I am Nancy's Mom...Nan just moved to Miss D's room from the Toddler room this week! I was looking forward to getting to know ya'll! :-(

I know you'll enjoy yor kid-free rides home though!

Lisa said...

Amy K's cousin I love that Daycare I know you'll be happy and hopefully I'll get to meet you before we leave. Emma is staying untill the end of FEB. 2 days a week.