FAVORITE QUOTES:

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECASUE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND."

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cry it Out

I must admit that I hate the term cry it out, and since we are being honest until last night it is something that we had really never done before. OK before you start thinking poor Tatum it is not her. Tatum is a pretty good sleeper and even when she is fighting going to sleep tooth and nail she is still out by 9...Now Emma on the other hand goes to bed at 8:30 but lately it has been 10-10:30 by the time she falls asleep.

When she was little she would always do bottle bed not fuss nothing, the later she would stay up the later she would sleep in, so on the weekend we let her stay up. We have been lucky that as babies both girls do this bottle bed thing without to much hassle.
Now that Emma is older she wants books every night and snuggle...Well snuggle has turned into staying with her until she falls asleep. We have been slowly trying to get out of her room more and more but for the most part Chris or I fall asleep in there too.

Our little Emma has become so fresh. Last night Chris had to put her in time out, one to many No's and random melt downs. I went to check on her after her room got quiet and noticed she has cried herself to sleep at 7...not good, she had not eaten, I woke her up not fun...anyway after about a good 15 mins of tears trying to wake up she finally was ready to come downstairs to eat.

After she ate and realized that there were no cartoons she asked to go to bed and read. During her second book she would not leaved me alone...hands on my face on the book poking...finally I said one more time and no book...not one min later she lost the book....I told her No book just snuggles and to bed. This did not go over so well snuggle was not enough so I gave her a kiss told her good night and was gone. She screamed in her bed for 30 mins...Chris and I think that is the longest we have had a cry it out in our house...I know we are suckers only handling 30 mins but...

Chris went to her room to talk to her explain why she was there, and try to calm her down...she is now keeping us awake...All was quiet when Chris came back to bed but he told me it was my turn. Emma knew I was only coming in for a kiss and a fast snuggle, that is it!I gave kisses and more snuggles then explained it was time for Mommy to go to bed....Again TEARS...I guess we won because this bout only lasted 10 mins...I sure hope she is getting the point because crying kids at bed time is no fun!!!

4 comments:

Brandy Culbertson said...

I feel for you - but good job - it's so hard to hear them cry! One word - MANIPULATION! She is just about 4 years old - oh yeah - she is a wise one - Cade did the same thing and now that he is almost five and we/ve gotten thru that - he is now "scared of the dark" - but he smiles when he tells me this now - again 'manipulation'! Does it ever end???? Let's hope so - but just know - THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

Kerry said...

:) Having fun yet??? You are better off going somewhere with TV so you don't have to hear her crying. Be strong, I know you can do it!!!! :)

Nicole said...

What is going on?!? Ella has decided to give us grief at bedtime as well. She use to go to be no problem, now she has become a master procrastinator!! She is also crying herself to sleep most nights. I feel for ya, Lisa, this is not fun... I'll let you know if I come up with some brilliant plan, you do the same...

Unknown said...

OMG, Stella does the same kind of thing and it drives me freaking NUTS. The day doesn't end with her. She is now hooked on Dancing with the Stars and American Idol. LOL I really don't know what to do.