FAVORITE QUOTES:

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECASUE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND."

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Long Day

This morning Chris and I took Tatum to Hopkins for a Echo, EKG, and Dr. visit. We were a hour late due to the traffic, it was horrendous. It was raining but this was worse then rain traffic. It took us over 2 hours to get to Baltimore, this is normally a 45min trip. I did call to let them know we were in traffic and would be late.

Once there we were immediately taken off to do the echo. The tech took 65 pictures in less then a hour. I have never been more impressed by Tatum in my life. She laid there for a hour watching Sesame Street, not one cry the entire time...she was so easily entertained and pleasant all day, I think the whole office was impressed. She was the same for her EKG and while they took her blood pressure. It was the first time that we were actually told her blood pressure... 144/116 little high ya think... maybe that is why no one would ever answer that question...

Anyway the good new is that her branch pulmonary arteries are now measuring normal for a baby of 19lbs. The Dr. also said that she was not sounding like there was a blockage to be concerned about there anymore...or something like that. He mentioned that they would still be monitored, it is possible that they could grow to much...isn't elasticity a bitch..lol. This growth is common in Williams and almost expected from Tatum since she has grown so much in the last few months.

The Aorta is still very small from the arch on down, it to has grow but not anything substantial. Tatum is scheduled for a MRI on the 14, she'll actually be under longer for this then her eye surgery on the 24. The good thing about the MRI is that Dr. Brenner well get a complete view of Tatum's situation.
When the MRI is complete he is planning to present it to the whole group and get back with us. The MRI is also going to give the anesthesia people a chance to get familiar with Tatum prior to the 24....I might remember more later right now I am just so tired and we just got home a little bit ago. The girls are actually staying with Aunt Catina and the fam tonight. Chris and I are headed back down to Baltimore to catch a little Widespread...AHHH Such fun...I better grab a quick nap so I am ready to dance...

4 comments:

Noel said...

WOW what a day! Alot of information to process I am sure. Her BP is very high for someone her size. (side note if you need a BP cuff-infant size- let me know I have four of them all brand new...they are the manual kind but it really is not hard to learn how to take it, and manually is the most acurate...the local EMT's at the firestation taught me how.I still go in every once in a while and have them check to make sure I still know what I am doing) The cardio told me that coarcation will cause a rise in BP-maybe that is what is happening here...
If you need anything.....
Noel

Kerry said...

I admit even though Brady has a heart condition I am still an idiot when it comes to understanding this stuff... I think you had a good visit, yes? Yeah! It sounds like Brady - as he got bigger, it got better. I know it's not as simple as all that, but I'm glad you can sigh a little in relief :)

Go have fun tonight and kick up those dancin' shoes!:)

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

All these procedures and diagnoses and prognoses. Sometimes it seems like we can never stop holding our breath! Tatum is so beautiful, Lisa. I pray that things go her way for once. I am a little too emotional today, I know, but sometimes it really ticks me off that our kids have to endure the endless tests and visits and meds and the indignity that goes with those things.

Give Tatum a big kiss & hug from her Michigan friends:)

Teresa and Shawn said...

Sounds like a good visit to me (except for the high blood pressure thing) and that the doctors know what's going on.